Famous New Zealanders
Highlight the correct answer, or type in what you think is correct.
- When did Jean Batten first fly across the Atlantic, from Britain to Australia?
- a) 8th April, 1930
- b) 4th November, 1991
- c) 8th May, 1934
- d) Last Year
- What was the name of the plane that Batten flew from Britain to Darwin?
- a) Gipsy Queen b) Gipsy Moth
- c) Percival Gull d) Percival Moth
- How many times did Batten have to land, and take-off on her flight?
- a) 9 b) 14
- c) 25 d) 8
- Explain the causes for Batten’s first two failed attempts to fly across the Atlantic?
→ landed in Syria .
→then crashed again
- True or False: Ernest Rutherford was the first person to climb Mt Everest.
- a) True b) False